New York City is home to an amazingly diverse mix of cultures, each with their own unique flavor. Treat your taste buds with this 2.5-hour walking and food tour. Meet up with your friendly foodie guide in Manhattan’s East Village, then set out to explore this unique neighborhood’s abundant eateries.
Stop in at least six different places to sample some of New Yorkers’ favorite fare, from classic egg creams to pizza. Along the way, your guide will share local insight into the East Village’s intriguing history. Tasting stops will vary by day, but some of the items you may sample include:
- Cheesy New York-style pizza
- Russian and Eastern European snacks, such as meat-and-potato-filled piroshki
- Savory Chinese steamed dumplings
- Juicy hot dogs with all the fixings
- A classic New York egg cream (a carbonated concoction of milk and chocolate syrup that curiously includes neither eggs nor cream)
- Silky sweet cupcakes
- Inventive flavors of ice cream
Bring your walking shoes and your appetite on this fun and memorable tour!