Amazing Tour :- I really enjoyed it
We thought we booked an English speaking tour, but it turned out to be Spanish and English. It seemed to be 40 English and 60 Spanish in terms of guiding narrative. Because of this, the guide had to rush through the explanations/descriptions. Towards the end of the tour, we found some of the Spanish speaking could speak and understand English! We covered a lot of miles as some of the cities are pretty far from each other. The tourist class hotels are clean and comfortable. We enjoyed all the sights in the cities, but what impressed us most were The Alhambra and the Mosque Cathedral. One needs to visit them to be awed by them. Because of time constraint, we felt the visit to The Alhambra was rushed through. We also did not enjoy the gypsy and cruise optional tours. Overall the tour is highly recommended if you want a taste of Andalucia .
Get to see a few cities in Spain in a very short time. But a lot of time were spent on nice aircon bus. Tour was well organised. Go for the superior room upgrade, it was worth the money.
Started as what seemed as a disaster, taking train vs bus, yet the train was quite pleasant. We made the hotel in Barcelona and that was all we saw. The rest of the week we spent in the bus. Good tours when we got to each city but the travel became extensive. Tour was too ambitious as to cities visited. Hotels were quite good. Tour guide excellent. But, fours hours plus a day in the bus got real old freal fast.
Overall I would say the tour was good and above average. For those with limited time to spend then this would definitely be a good choice. Yes there were many hours spent on the road but the ever-changing landscape and scenic beauty of Spain as we drove along completely made up for the tiring journey. Julia travel could improve more on the itinerary such as spending more time at the places of interest but understandably due to logistic constraint it may not be possible.Nevertheless I enjoyed the tour and should an opportunity arises I would definitely join again. Our guide Rodrigo was knowledgeable, caring and humorous. Hotels provided was above average with the exception of the hotel in Madrid which had paper thin wall such that you can hear conversations from the room next door.There is a restaurant located opposite the Marriott hotel in Seville called the Restaurant Wok Nou Port which serves value for money all you can eat buffet @10 Euro. The lavish array of food items is fantastic. Beef,mutton,lamb and pork meat plus seafood such as big prawns and mussels all prepared according to your liking. Spain is fun and the food is fantastic.
Very good value for money.
This tour was amazing!
No toilets on the bus, That is a big problem. We will not go on those tours .
This tour is an amazing snapshot of some of the most historic and architecturally beautiful cities in Spain. The accommodations were great and the tour was well organized with experienced local tour guides at all the locations. We had great weather during our visit which made our tour all the more enjoyable. These are a few things that can be improved by the travel agent:
1. We were a family of 4 and my kids are aged 11 and 17. Although my 11 yr old is considered a child, the rooms could only be booked as 2/room not age related and therefore I ended up paying adult rate for him as well.
2. This was a 6 day round bus trip from Barcelona, but this particular package did not give us a tour of Barcelona or Madrid
3. The decision to take us by train from Barcelona to Madrid was communicated to us 5 days before the trip via email to which the train tickets were attached and we had to print them and board the train on our own. As we were traveling in Switzerland at the time, there was a good chance that we might have missed the email entirely. There was no one to help out at Barcelona station and we were met only by the taxi driver in Madrid station. We met the tour guide only the following day in the hotel before boarding the bus. Communication should have been much bettetyto save us some stressful moments while on vacation.
4. Although Zaragoza is included in the itinerary, we did not see this city as we travelled to Madrid by train. When we asked the agent, they mentioned that it was only a 1 hour stop for the driver and not really a sight seeing location.
5. The tour guide spoke in 3 languages and it was hard to follow the sequence when she spoke continuously at times.
Great tour! The guide Lale was super nice and competent. Great hotels too.
Be warned though, if you start this tour from Barcelona, the first day is just 95 driving towards Madrid with only one stop at Zaragoza.
Also, I would have enjoyed one more night in Madrid especially as the Hotel there, the Marriott, had an awesome room. Because as it is, we didn't see much of Madrid with just a few hours there.
Be that as it may, great tour and great memories for sure!