Snorkeling opportunities, dolphin shows, and a beach full of lounge chairs all contribute to Ocean World Adventure Park’s standing as a top family attraction in the Dominican Republic. The park is prime for kids during the day and transforms into a casino after dark, complete with a restaurant, slot games, a disco floor, and a Vegas-style show, offering parent-friendly nightlife with Caribbean flair.
A day pass to Ocean World Adventure Park is a good value for a day of fun, granting access to most of the park’s major attractions and activities, including Dolphin Beach, a freshwater pool, and the Tropical Reef Aquarium, in addition to a buffet-style lunch. Daily sea lion and dolphin shows entertain, while the tropical bird exhibit and iguana habitat spotlight animal species native to the tropical rainforest. For those who want to play after dark, the Bravissimo show offers a live performance with unlimited drinks and optional dinner followed by casino games and a disco party. Dinner show packages are available, as are day trip tours from Santo Domingo.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Programs often sell out, so it’s best to guarantee entrance by booking ahead.
- Be sure to bring a bathing suit, towel, sun protection, and spending cash.
- The site features changing rooms and shower, and fee-based lockers are available.
- All facilities are wheelchair accessible, and wheelchairs are available for visitor use with advance notice.
- Flip-flops and shorts are not permitted at the Bravissimo Show.
- Kids are allowed at the Bravissimo show, but visitors must be 18 or older to enter the casino or disco.
- Ocean World Adventure Park offers the chance to swim with dolphins, sea lions, and sharks for an additional fee. Prices start at $79, and reservations for these interactive programs are required.
How to Get There
Ocean World Adventure Park is set three miles (five kilometers) west of Puerto Plata on the Dominican Republic's north coast, about a 30-minute drive from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. Most tours include hotel pickup and drop-off from the Puerto Plata area, although hotels farther out can incur additional fees. Those who wish to arrive and leave on their own schedule can travel by private vehicle or taxi.
When to Get There
Ocean World Adventure Park is open Tuesday to Sunday from 8:30am to 5:30pm. The Bravissimo Show runs on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday at 9pm.
Dolphins at Ocean World Adventure Park
Ocean World Adventure Park boasts the largest man-made dolphin habitat in the world, currently home to 15 Atlantic bottlenose dolphins from Cuba and Honduras. They each eat up to 26 pounds of fish per day.