Krakow by Trabant
By Viator, August 2018
- Hop into an original Trabant and feel what it’s like to travel inside the noisy car, which many jokingly referred to as “a spark plug with a roof,” during a guided communism tour of Krakow.
- Travel by Trabant to the city’s Nowa Huta district. A sprawling suburb of Krakow meticulously planned and constructed by the Soviets, Nowa Huta is home to many of the city’s most striking examples of Socialist Realist architecture.
- Combine a ride in a Trabant car with a walking tour of Krakow’s old Jewish Quarter, Kazimierz, which was home to Krakow’s Jewish community for centuries before World War II.
- Upgrade your Trabant tour to include other communist-themed experiences, such as a visit to a communist-era apartment and the chance to try typical communist-era snacks such as pickled cucumbers at a restaurant that dates back to communist times.
- Learn about daily life behind the Iron Curtain in Krakow from a guide.
Tours & Tickets
The Wall may be over and done with, but many of Krakow's most famous communist artifacts are alive and well!
Location: Krakow, Poland
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (approx.)